Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My First Post

This is my first post and I am excited! I thought of blogging once before, set up a blog at Wordpress.com and then gave up without a single post on it. Why did I give up? I think I tried to customize the theme and found that small customizations required me to shell out money, not a little but a lot; and I did not feel like spending that kind of money on a blog whose future was uncertain. (Possibly I was misinformed, so do not consider this as a definitive statement about the features of Wordpress.com). So, the blog did not go anywhere. This time around, I have decided I will worry about customizing the theme (at least beyond what is free) later. I want to get in some posts first.


What do I plan to post here?
I am constantly looking for better tools to accomplish my tasks. In my case these mostly happen to be software tools. In fact, sometimes the search for these tools and the time spent learning them delays the completion of the tasks. But I enjoy learning new things, so that is okay and in the long-run I think I come out ahead. 

This blog is a place for me to write notes on the interesting things that I have learnt. Why a blog? Why don't I use a word processing software on my desktop. There are a few reasons. One, I like how I can make notes on unrelated things in the same place and neatly categorize them using tags. It appears that searching the notes will be easier here when I need them later. Two, they will be in cloud and I can access them from anywhere. Three, in learning about new things, I have benefited tremendously from other people's blogs. I hope that I can be similarly helpful.  Here I will collect knowledge that I feel like sharing. Hence, the name Knowledge Stockpile.

 
 




1 comment:

  1. Great idea. Very helpful and well written blog! Thanks

    ReplyDelete